Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Our busy Summer!

Again it is has been way to long from my last post until now. But there has been a lot going on. Back at the end of April Karlee and I fly to Virginia to visit my family for a couple of weeks. We went to my cousin Nicole's graduation from Southern Virginia University, then drove to Illinois for my niece's baby blessing. Also, I was able to go to my cousin Shaila's wedding, celebrate Mother's Day with my mom and also celebrate my dad's birthday all in that one trip! It was a very busy and fun filled trip! I am so grateful that I was able to go. It gave my parents a chance to spend time with Karlee and for Karlee to get to know my parents better.
We have also had a chance to spend some time with Jay's family too. We went to Boise and had a blast! We had fun playing at the park, shopping, and etc. During that trip Karlee discovered that she LOVED the slide at the park!
While Jay was in school and at work everyday this past semester, Karlee and I spent a lot of time outside enjoying the summer time. We went on lots of walks and played at the park and visited with friends! We encouraged and pushed Jay with his school work to finish the semester with a bang, and he did! He finished the summer semester on July 22, 2011 and made ALL A's!!!! We are soooo proud of him!
A few days after he finished school we packed our bags and headed to Virginia! We drove down to Salt Lake and spent a day there. We went to Temple Square and ate lunch at the Lion House, went to the Museum and walked around enjoying the beautiful scenery. After that we went to the Gatewall Mall and walked around for a while. While we were there we got a phone call from United Airlines saying that our flight for the next day has been cancelled....seriously!!! So we went over to the Airport and spent almost an hour there trying to get things figured out, eventually we did, but ended up on a Delta flight instead. Oh well, we made it to Virginia still. We spent a couple of days in Virginia then we packed up again and started on our long drive to Georgia. My dad's side of the family (Teerlink family) has had a big week long family renion every three years for a long time now. This was the main reason for our trip. We went to a place called Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, Georgia. It is a really cool family resort with so many fun things to do. We went swimming at least once every day, both in a pool and at the lake (man made). We did a Treetop adventure with zip-linning, and high ropes course things. We played miniature golf, well mainly watched the little kids play. We did skits and had some fun family activities with all like 83 of us there. We also rented a boat for a couple of hours and had a blast tubing. Jay and my brother Chris also did Wake-boarding and my brother-in-law also did Slalom. That was so much fun! We had a wonderful time and were very sad to say goodbye to everyone and leave. We packed up the car again and drove back to Virginia. We enjoyed a few more days with my parents and then packed up one more time and flew back to Utah. We landed in Salt Lake at about 8:30pm and went to get our luggage and found out our bag was missing... we found it eventually, but it put us on the road much later than we were hoping. We got on the road at about 9:30pm and started our drive back to Rexburg (3.5 hour drive). We finally made it back to Rexburg at 1:00am!!! WOW what a crazy couple of weeks with lots of driving and flying, but TOTALLY worth it!
Since we have been back we have all been trying to catch on sleep, laundry, grocery shopping, etc. and get things back to normal. I have been busily working on our big end of the summer Cub Scout Activity (Jay and I are the Cubmasters in our ward). The activity is tomorrow (Wednesday) night. We have been so lost and so confused in this calling for MONTHS we haven't had the support or the help or training that we have needed, but we are finally getting things organized and settled. Jay is back at work full time for a few weeks until school starts back up on September 12th. Between now and then we have 3 weddings to attend, one is my cousin, one is his cousin, and another is a family friend. How exciting!!!
I know this is probably a pretty boring thing to read, but I was just trying to get caught up on the happenings of our life. Karlee is growing up so fast and turning into a little kid instead of a baby. It is so fun to watch her change and grow and learn and understand new things. She talks so much now and says so many words. She tries to say everything, when you say something and tell her to say it, she tries the best she can. She has now also started going to nursery and she is getting better with it. It is so nice to be able to sit through a class and actually get something out of it again!
There is one more VERY exciting thing... Karlee just got over a cold and it is the first time in about 8 months that she has overcome a cold completely on her own without it turning into Bronchitis or Pneumonia! She didn't have ANY medications/antibiotics or ANY breathing treatments!!! This is seriously a very very very exciting thing! Maybe there is HOPE for Karlee that she won't get really sick every time she gets a common cold! YAY!!!
All in all we are doing well and are very happy. I will post all pictures on a separate post completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment